Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A note of gratitude

"For you are a people, holy to the Lord your God and the Lord has chosen you to be a people for His treasured possession, out of all the people who are on the face of the earth." Deuteronomy 14:12
My Summer Bible Study group just finished, One In A Million by Priscilla Shirer. It was awesome. I had the great privilege of facilitating the group. It was a simple job - because Priscilla Shirer did all the teaching, I just led our discussion. There was not a week that I was not inspired and encouraged by the passion for the Lord that these young women exhibited. It was just an incredible study with an incredible group of women. I want everyone to know how grateful I am for your transparency and honesty in our discussions. The Lord was glorified and honored every single week, and it was a Holy place. Thank you.
But mostly, I need to thank you, and thank the Lord, for the gift that you gave me on the last week. The envelope contained $440 in cash. I am sorry that I was so overcome by my emotions, and I hope I did not seem ungrateful. Accepting money, when you need it, is very difficult. I don't know why that is. I suppose it has something to do with knowing that you can not reciprocate the gift you are receiving. As long, as I can give something of equal value back to the giver, I am very comfortable receiving. But, when I know that I have nothing of this value to give in return, it is so humbling, and so hard. Yet, it is at the core of the Christian faith. Receiving a gift of forgiveness and eternal life through a crucified Savior, while we were still His enemies. No amount of good works could ever reciprocate. The only option is to accept the gift with gratitude and live in such a way that we pass the gift on to as many hurting people as we possibly can. That we do not allow one day to go by without meditating for a moment on how unworthy we are, yet He made us "His treasured possession" anyway. Thank you Jesus. So, what I am learning, during this season of receiving is really a spiritual discipline. It is a laying down of my pride, and accepting the Lord's provisions however He might give them, be it through a job for my husband and thereby a paycheck - or be it through the sacrifice of my friends in a gift.
I know that any amount given was a sacrifice, and I pray that the Lord returns the blessing to you and your family seven fold.

So, the girls have not been to the dentist since last year's bible study gave a gift that allowed me to take them. Well, I called the dentist, and what do you know - there is a cancellation for tomorrow for 2 appointments. After 10% is given back to the Lord, $344 will cover the girls appointments in the morning. And barring any cavities or unexpected dental work - we should have $52 dollars left over! Which would take care of a new inhaler for Emma, with her asthma. So, we will see about how the appointment goes! This is such a praise because I am having a bit of a panic attack about Emma's big girl teeth.

If you notice, those big girl teeth are coming in BEHIND her baby teeth, and the baby teeth do not appear to be going anywhere! So, it is high time for Dr. Plunk to take a peek, and maybe a "pull"?? None the less, this sweet face

will soon look different.
Thank you, my sweet sisters in Christ! I will miss seeing you each Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment