Sunday, February 8, 2015

IF 2015

Well, Hey There!

That's what my friend Ginger always says when it has been awhile since we talked. It has indeed been awhile...

I am in the middle of IF 2015.

I watched session 1 at home with an ailing child (drama), and then went to my local Lake Highlands Gathering and watched session 4 live stream with other beautiful Believers who prayed with me and worshipped with me (awesome), session 2 was in my pjs last night (drowsy), and today I will watch session 3 (which I hear is the most powerful - can't wait). We are studying Joshua, as he led the Israelites across the Jordan and into the Promised Land, and told them not to fear...

At the end of session 4, we asked God what is next and wrote it on a rock, to set up an alter of His past faithfulness and the new work He is going to accomplish through us. And for me the nagging direction that I have been refusing to obey is "write it down." And even more specifically, because God is so modern and techy "blog". But, I don't really want to blog. I am too tired, I have no time ~ Hey God, remember that I work full time?, and it gets pretty personal too... I am weary ~ which is different than tired. It settles in after a long hard journey, and for me it is not wanting to deal anymore, mentally tired, needing to check out, let go... really not feeling it Lord. But the nagging has remained and I have known that it is an area of disobedience, and so for now... I will blog. I wrote it on a rock.
So, now I have this rock as my accountability partner, and she is so pushy! So I got up this morning to start obeying.
We were reminded this weekend, of the Israelites crossing over the Jordan into the Promised Land to take Jericho. BEFORE God conquered the city on their behalf, they set up an alter and worshipped, right there with a powerful city and fortified walls looming ahead of them. It had been a long road for the Hebrews and they were weary, but they had seen a generation before them give up on the Lord's promises in their fear and weariness, and they were not going to make the same mistake. So, they set up an alter and they obeyed, even though still in the desert.

Our amazing IF local team, championed by my friend Jessica, put together a gift bag (seen above with my pushy rock), and in that gift bag was this beautiful scripture reminder.

It has been a long 6 years, but what IF I am almost across the river? What IF I on the other side and just about to watch God tear down some fortified walls? What IF He is just about to fulfill a promise, and I miss it because of my lack of obedience.
What IF I lived like I really believed God, every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment