"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10
If ever there was a time in this process that I might become a bit "dismayed" - this could be it! We have had a doozie of a week! I mean, it has just been one VERY frustrating and inconvenient thing after another, and I just can not remember a time in the past year and a half that so much has happened all at once. Just to give you a very dim idea, I am blogging from my parent's house because our air conditioner has now gone out - at midnight, on the Fourth of July. Now, what are the odds of that? Or the odds of the Fourth of July being on a Sunday this year, keeping businesses closed on Monday - so that we sit in the heat for one extra day. I mean, really? Not to mention, this is the LAST thing we need to be spending money on... And I will not go into details as to the other delightful events that prefaced this several thousand dollar problem - but this truly is the icing on our miserable cake! I assure you, this is not a slice of cake that would tempt ANYONE to break their diet!!!!
Oh, but isn't God faithful in giving me this scripture tonight?
I am with you, I will strengthen you, I will uphold you - with what? Oh yeah, His VICTORIOUS right hand. That's right, Satan can try to discourage and defeat, but victory belongs to the Lord, and I am held up by His hand. Amazing.
God keeps reminding me that without these trying situations, I would just not get to fully experience the peace and joy of knowing that He is with me. I feel certain that I would allow our circumstances to hold me up and calm my fears, instead of the Only One who really can! I do not want a false peace, a false sense of security, a false joy, that comes from trusting in our surroundings. I want Jesus. I want victory. And after the week we have had of discouragement from Satan, I just know that God is about to do something awesome. Get ready for God to move mountains in our lives! There are spiritual battles being waged over our peace, joy and relationship with Jesus. But as for me, I will not be dismayed tonight!
Pray that the AC gets fixed as quickly and inexpensively as possible! love ya'll!
No comments:
Post a Comment