Well, it has been a very busy month for me, as I have started 2 new jobs! I just wanted to type up a post sharing what a blessing both of these jobs are, and how I can already see God's little gifts and goodness through the provision.
I really thought that I would be going back to the school district this year, and when I got no calls (or even returned phone calls) from HR - I just kept thinking, "any day now!"
Well, God had a VERY different plan for my year. And it was nothing that I ever could have dreamed up - that is when you KNOW you are in God's will - "immeasurably more!"
I teach 3 year old preschool on Monday, Wednesday, Friday (which allows me to keep my 80% discount on Madeleine's tuition - Praise the Lord!) and then I am an Associate to our Children's Minister, coordinating Sunday School for 2 and 3 year olds on Sunday's and throughout the rest of the week. So, if I start to sing "Jesus Loves You" and do the hand motions randomly while we are talking - you will know why. I live in 3 year old land these days...
Although it sounds like I am working so much more than last year (2 jobs) ~ it is actually so much more flexible and better for my family! Plus, it has almost doubled my salary! Is God good or what, ya'll?
I have already gotten to go up to Emma's school for the "Pastries with the Principal" - which I never go to do last year because I had to be in my classroom by 8:30 every day. I have had some wonderful afternoons with Madeleine because I leave my preschool class at 12:30 on Mon, Wed, Friday. I have been able to rejoin Bible Study on Thursday mornings, such a source of encouragement and growth, that I missed desperately last year. And I will get to start having lunch with Emma on Thursdays also - which I never got to do last year. On top of all of that, I have also been able to bless another precious family by picking up their daughter from her school a few days a week, so that the mother does not have to drag 2 babies through the car pool line during their nap time. And you know that God has been gracious to you, when He pours so much in your cup that it spills over onto another!!! After being given so much by so many, it is a delight to be able to do a little giving myself!
Plus, I love both of my jobs! I love my children and the parents, I love both of my bosses, I love my new teaching partner - and I love the gals I work with in the children's ministry. I love having Madeleine in our wonderful church preschool. She has my precious friend, Brandi, as her teacher and Madeleine is crazy about her, and having a wonderful year. I mean, God has BLESSED this situation!
I want to share with you the scripture that God gave me on my first day of my new jobs.
"The Lord will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete." Deut. 16:15
Isn't that something? I felt like that verse was written just for me to read on that day! To be told by the Lord that He will bless all my harvest - my 3 year old harvest in my classroom, my 2 and 3 year old harvest of Sunday School children, and my little harvest here in my own home ~ and that He will bless all the work of my hands, is truly amazing. But in His goodness, He gives even more (abundantly more) and also promises that my joy will be complete. Well, it is complete. I have very busy days - and weariness by the end of the day - but I am so filled with thanksgiving and joy for the Lord.
He is faithful - and His plan is best! Thank you for continuing to pray for my family. Please be encouraged that Heaven hears those prayers, and He is answering them. I am indebted to you each.
No comments:
Post a Comment