As I still sit trying to wrap my head around the fact that Emma is in Kindergarten, Kindergarten ends... And I can not for the life of me figure out where the year went. The picture of her with Billy is from yesterday (feels like) when we walked her into the school her first day of Kindergarten. I was so fearful and worried. I wanted so badly to take her home with us when we left that morning. Walking out of that school without her was very hard. And you know what, many of my fears and more were realized this year. Things that I did not even think to worry about, like that she would be pulled out of her class after a month of school and placed with 18 children who had failed to get registered that year. Now, who would have thought to worry about that? Not even ME! The night that I realized that was a possibility, the Lord gave me,
"It is the Lord who goes before her, He will be with her; He will not leave her or forsake her. Do not fear or be dismayed." Deuteronomy 3:18 Ultimately, she is His. I just get to spend a lot of time with her ~ thank you Jesus! And He knows the plan that He has for her life. At the end of the year, I will not say that everything worked out peachy. It was a hard and at times disappointing year, but there was such evidence of God in it, and because of that ~ good. Just look at the picture of her today with Miss Jackman, her teacher. As I wrote Miss Jackman's thank you note - I was just overcome with the Lord's goodness in placing Emma with her. A strong Believer, mission oriented, compassionate, kind. God's plan was good - I should never have wasted any time being fearful or dismayed. And this is a very good reminder for me today, as we face other uncertainties. He speaks this same truth - "I have gone before you, I will be with you" - His omnipresence says He is in tomorrow, and He is here with me tonight - I have nothing to fear. I have just faced the reality again of how fast time with these precious children passes, and I will not waste it being dismayed. "For our heart is glad in Him, because we trust in His Holy name." Psalm 33:21 So, even an end to Kindergarten can come with a glad heart and joyful expectation of what wonderful happenings await us!
I feel the same way exactly! Loved Ms. Jackman, can't believe the year is gone, and cherishing this time with my kids through good times and bad. Love you all!
ReplyDelete