Sunday, June 13, 2010

He gently leads those who have young.


"He tends His flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those who have young." Isaiah 40:11
My Sunday school teacher, Mike, led us to this scripture this morning, and it was exactly what I needed. First, a reminder that God has gathered me up in His arms, and is carrying me close to His heart. Oh, what a wonderful visual that is for us! But even more importantly, I needed to be reminded that He gently leads those who have young. He knows that financial insecurity and decisions about going back to work are all more difficult when you have young ones. He is not pushing me and hurrying me along, as I grow wearier and wearier. He is gently leading me, if for no other reason than because my young can not keep up. He is protecting all of us, we are under His care. This is one of those "write it down and put it to memory" scriptures for me. When Satan tempts me to fear about what will happen to Madeleine, and where she would go all day if I returned to the school district - I need to speak over myself that God has gathered us up in His arms, holds us close to His heart, and leads us even more gently because Madeleine is young. Beautiful, what a God we serve.
On another note, but still about "my young" - I have to share what sweet Emma said today in church. Now, before I start making her out to be some perfect child - let me assure you that she is not... Even today, after we had a wonderful worship time at church, I came home and refereed so many arguments (mostly that she instigated) between she and her sister that when I was on my walk tonight, I broke up a crow fight and did not think twice about it. I was talking on the phone with my friend Jennifer, when 2 big crows started going at it right in front of me. Since this has just been the nature of my day, I broke up the tussle and went right on with my story. My friend, laughing, interrupted me and said - "Did you just yell "BIRDS, BIRDS!!! Stop fighting!" Why, yes I did, and it felt totally normal to me! BUT, all that naughtiness aside, today at the end of worship service, a pastor stood to make announcements about some upcoming events. One of the things he said went something like, "If you are burdened to pray for a hurting world and the prayer requests of our church members, we would love to have you pray with us at our weekly 7:00 am prayer meetings" And Emma turned to me and fervently said, "I want to do that!" Oh, she fills my heart! (Even if she fights with her sister - maybe we should get ourselves out of bed at 7:00 am tomorrow and pray about that) Attached is a picture of them at church, not fighting. They are my greatest blessing, and God leads me gently on their account.

No comments:

Post a Comment